Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Curses Frogged Again!!!

I've actually finished knitting all the pieces for my modified Fulmar and guess what!?!?! It's way too big, I mean by about 10 inches in the width. (It's also not really long enough, but I could always live with that.) So Fulmar sat in the WIP basket for about a year (maybe two) while I was trying to decided what to do about this. I could:

1) just sew it together and give it to someone it fit
2) cut it down to size
3) frog it back to the point where I could reknit it.

I chose 3 in the end. It meant frogging the two front pieces, frogging the back down to the arm bind off, and eventually frogging the sleeves back to the beginning of the arm shaping. (Oh yeah, and the arms are way too long. I must have been knitting this for an ape...) I'll reknit the front as one piece and eliminate all of the filler stitch on the side. You'll see. I post pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home